INDEPENDENT VENUE WEEK

I recently played a show in Worcester as part of independent venue week, an initiative setup to show support and create worthwhile  hype for live music venues. The show was at Drummonds in Worcester and was promoted by Uncover Night, a prolific promotions team that cover, Worcester, Birmingham and around the UK. 

I felt truly delighted to be invited to perform as part of an eclectic Lineup including The Pink Diamond Revue, The Arboretum, George Hemming, White Noise Cinema, Ewan Pollock, Echo Gecco, Hannah Mac, Nadi Hafren, Truck, Jacob Timble, Supersonic Fuzz Gun and Toby Charles.   I managed to only catch a few of the performances, but what stood out for me, was the talent and time these musicians had put into their songwriting, arrangement and performances.

Time, being something I need to invest more of into my own live set, as preparation makes everything easier for delivering a great performance.   I barely prepared for this show if I’m truly honest, but what I realised was most important, was that the performance was good enough but I felt uncomfortable and showed it.

Nobody would ever know that I was unprepared had I not pulled awful expressions when I made the odd mistake and worst of all apologised for not bringing the best music. These are things that paying customers do not want to hear. 

My plan is to prepare more and stop putting myself down live. It’s not great for my self esteem and nobody really wants to hear that shit.  Any way this is the video for the show, warts and all. It can only get better from here… 


Comments

Popular Posts